Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Updates

#1) Starting to feel a little like this...

#2) We're ready for this team in the Playoffs (if they win against Oklahoma City, that is)... Get ready to see that face a lot.


#3) Went fabric shopping the other day to make a crib bumper and Mike thinks it's too girly. I think it would work with brown bedding- I'm trying to find a cute retro owl fabric or something extra boyish. What do you think? Is it too girly for our little man-child? I am a girl, so I could obviously be wrong...


#4) We are thinking about taking a weekend trip in May to Houston for me to see what it's like. Mike is considering applying in the Spring to The University of South Texas for Law School. I've never been to Texas and am terrified of heat, humidity, and cockroaches. He lived there once upon a time, but I've always been a cold weather, South Dakota gal. So, we'll see!



2 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

Hi. (I say that with a cheery voice-- don't let the period fool you.)

I say, the fabric on the left has less chance of being considered girlish. I think it could fly, but when it comes to boys I am all about airplanes and dogs and cars and stuff like that. But that's just me.

Also, you should be watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs, not the NBA. Don't you hate it that people who don't care get to go to your sports games? I went to a Lakers game in December and mostly made fun of the announcer guys voice. It was still fun, though. And, being from the LA area, you had better believe I was raised in an unbelievably gung ho Lakers atmosphere, but it has left me, and my heart now lies with hockey.

No offense to Texas, but it sucked. I totally and completely hated living there. Consider, I was pregnant in that hellish heat (I hear Houston is worse than Dallas); we lost a lot of money; Dave hated his job; we lived kind of in the boonies--like 10 minutes from a city that had anything worth doing.... Things I liked about Texas, though, was the shopping (they have everything); the city and all the things that come with a city (actual stuff to do--sports games, museums... you know); I think that's it. But good luck to you in your adventures.

AND, just to make this the LONGEST comment of all time, I have a little treat for you. First, the background: I started taking my little red notebook of lined paper I got in Paris at that one department store we'd always go to to church so we can draw and keep quiet. In the back, there are some notes that we wrote-- undoubtedly when the French man was talking about "Ram." It's pretty freakin entertaining. I'd type the whole thing out, but I don't have THAT much time. We were writing about Phillip-- remember Phillip? It must have been around the time he confessed his love. So here are some highlights:

Chelsea: "Here's what I find. Before delving into the realms of our personality and behaviors, something that can sometimes get a girl down, I find it useful to establish something I like to call 'happy time with Chelsea!' (exclamation optional) (Although I think it is catchy)"

We talk all about how I was an "entertainer" and it's all serious and I say, "More to come later, via speaking. Coo?"

Chelsea: "Good revelations?

Ash: "You'll see. This is good-- this helped me make a decision. You'll see."

Next line:

Chelsea: "So, I have this cute little gold solid compact w/pressed powder and I think I lost it somewhere through airport, luggage, etc. I'm bummed. It was really chouette. About that (you drew a circle) big."

It all gave me a good laugh and made me all nostalgic. So anyway, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the longest comment of all time.

About Us said...

Don't want to be hating on ya sis, but they are both a bit femy. Texas? And thanks for the nice comments. We are going to be constructing an adoption blog button that maybe you could put on your blog and pass along? FYI we will be in town for your B-day, if you are not doing anything with Mike family, we should go to dinner?