Every time we have a baby appointment, my doctor thinks I should start bawling every time he pulls this little heart rate machine out. Two times now, he has looked at me and Mike and says, "That's your baby. Are you bonding?" Don't get me wrong, it's so awesome to hear the heart rate, but it doesn't send me into fits of tears. Is that bad?Last appointment, I told the doctor that I had read in the book that the baby was the size of a gerbil that week. He pulled out the fancy machine and found the heart rate. He said all the static we heard meant the baby was moving around and that was good. Mike said, "Yeah! It's the little gerbil running around in the hamster cage!" The doctor looked at us pretty seriously and said, "It's a human." I think we got in trouble...

4 comments:
hahahaha! I love that story. Don't worry if the doctor is an overly sensitive prick.
you're gonna be terrible parents.
j/k... that's kinda weird that he said "are you bonding".
That's funny.
I never cried. I only cried when the hell of labor was over.
That doctor just doesn't know your husband very well. Mike loves his gerbil. Bonding? No, tears are not necessary for bonding. Somehow you will both make good parents. That is, if you think you can keep a gerbil alive? LOL.
Post a Comment